Gel nails and other nail extensions have been popular for a while now. The main selling points are appearance, duration, and drying. When it comes to appearance, semi-permanent polish makes nails look brighter compared to traditional polish. This type of polish can last more than fifteen days. As with the drying, it is quicker with the help of UV lamps.
While it has an elaborate process that needs a nail specialist, you can still do it at home. Keep in mind that with the right tools and instructions, you can do semi-permanent manicure at home. To help you get started, here’s a guide:
Before you paint the nails, it is imperative that you condition them. You have to understand that the traditional manicure procedure still applies. Conditioning the nails involve the following:
- Filing: this is to give the nails shape.
- Removing cuticle: to remove the cuticle, you need to file the nail’s surface. This is crucial as it can allow the polish to stay fixed. For a better cuticle remover, you need to put your hands in a bowl with warm water and hand soap then leave it soaking for five minutes.
The second step entails applying the nail polish. The process also includes drying it with LED or UV lamp. You need to remember the following:
- Know what you need: you need three nail polishes and UV lamp to dry it. The nail polishes should be base, colored varnish, and the topcoat. Do not get nail polish on your finger because it can make your skin itchy.
- Apply the base: after conditioning the nails, you need to apply the base and dry it by putting the nails under the lamp.
- Apply another layer of your desired color: after the base, you can put a layer of your desired color and then dry it.
- Apply an extra layer of color: if you want to give it more luster and intensity, you can apply an extra layer of color then dry again.
- Apply the topcoat: finally, you should apply Tops semipermanentes then dry. The topcoat can be matte or glossy. This coat is responsible for long-lasting polish.
After applying and drying, the last step is to clean the surface of the nail. You can use a “cleanser”, which is diluted in alcohol. It effectively eliminates excess products. To do this, you need to soak a cotton ball and pass it over the nail. It is recommended that you also use nutritive oil for the cuticles to keep it hydrated.
Removing the nail polish
When removing the semi-permanent nail polish, it can get tricky. You should remove it as soon as the nail grows. Removing will imply passing the file on the nail to remove the shine then later wrap them with cotton moistened with a special remover. It will also entail wrapping the nails in the aluminum paper.
Caring for your nails is part of your grooming. If you consider nail salons, the services might not be cheap. If you are looking for a cost-effective solution, you can consider home kits. Whatever your decision, you should consider the quality of materials used.